Saturday, June 18, 2011

My Life Right Now

I didn't go to work on thursday (I was a bit under the weather), I was home alone with the kids (they're on mid-term break). Whilst they were watching CBeebies (electronic babysitter..lol), I was alone in the room & came ino sober reflections of the past & anxiety of the future. I reflected on the challenges of yesterday, experiences (good, bad & ugly) that have moulded me into the personality I have become today. I acknowledge the presence & mercies of the Lord in my life & he's the only reason I am who & where I am today, and by whose grace I will surmount all other challenges that lay ahead in future.
My life as it is right now.

God
I've always wanted to know more of God & draw nearer to him. This year has taken me a step further in my walk, glory to God. I have the priviledge to mentor a group of teenagers in church & I always seek the face of the Lord on how to impact positively in their lives. I'm no where near perfect, and none of my good deeds can get me a place in God's kingdom, what I need is his mercies & he's working through my imperfections unto perfection.

Home
Right now, I'm the cook, housekeeper, nanny, career woman & wife rolled into one. I let off my nanny about 2wks ago...it came to that. She is lazy & insolent and I just about had enough of her. I don't know where this influx of energy came from, but I've been doing great & God is good.... Isaiah 40:31. "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles they shall run, and not be weary; .... I hope to get another maid anyway, before month end and I pray she's good stuff.


Marriage
Wow! When I look at this aspect of my life, I know God is real and God is love.
I've known hubby like foever...1994 to be precise, when I was about going into Uni & he was going to his final year. Going by the amount of attention, love notes, gifts, promises I got from him, I didn't need a soothsayer to tell me he was madly in love with me. He ticked almost all my boxes (about 80%) & so would be foolish of me to miss this catch, I said yes. We have 3 angels between us.
Suddenly though, around last year, spilling to early this year, we started having this clash of personalities. I couldn't understand why he failed to reason with me & he couldn't stand me challenging his authority. This led to constant bickering, explosive argument & resentment towards each other...it was a trying period & we almost gave up on each other. Somehow though, God brought calm back. He restored love, peace & respect into my marriage.
We appreciate, love & respect each other more & we simply can't get enough of each other now. It is God.

I'm tired, biko, make I rest. Part II coming up.

Ciao!

3 comments:

Surprise said...

I thank God for your life. He has really be merciful upon you and your family.

Keep up the good work of mentoring that you are doing. You'll never know the impact you have on the lives of the people until they start to share their testimonies.

I also thank God that He has restored love and respect back into your family.

May His name alone be praised.

Shalom.

omoba-adeteju! said...

Its a good thing to know that you have little ones that you are mentoring...I can assure you that their success stories will be incomplete without them mentioning your name-pls keep at it sis!

The Lors remains your strength in the home front o,having to be the nanny, cook, wife, mother and you also have a career.....

I'm also happy that you and hubby were able to weather the storms...Hold on to Jesus as the third party in your relationship, remember a threefold cord is not easily broken...

eagerly awaiting part 2 o...

abi's muse said...

@Surprise & Omoba-adeteju, thanks for ur kind words, may the light of the Lord continue to shine on ur path. Thanx 4 dropping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...