Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Demise Of Music

Oh you've not heard? Yeah, music is dead...it happened at the begining of the new millenium. I noticed that around this period, good music stopped happening, home and abroad.
Who are the hotties in the music scene right now?
Beyonce? No hating, but I don't like her music nor her person. She dresses & dances too provocatively for my liking and all I see in her music videos is SEX. She's out.
Rihana? Seriously?...
Justin Bieber? Pleaaaaaaaaaase...
Lady Gaga? lol....I can't 'sout'.....
Who else? Maybe I'm missing something here or maybe I'm just old skool...but I'm cool like that plus hubby reckons the same thing and that makes my judgemet right ...that good music is no more.

My list of evergreen music will include, but not limited to the following:






The Girl Is Mine                 -Michael Jackson & Paul McCartney
Gamblers                           -Kenny Rogers
Find A Way To My Heart }
Against All  Odds              }   -Phil Collins
One More Night                }            
That Somebody Was You      -Kenny G feat Tony Braxton
Right Here                              -SWV feat Michael Jackson
Unpretty                                 -TLC
AS                                          -George Michael feat Mary J. Blidge
Red Wine                                -UB40
Shackles                                 -Mary Mary
Let It Flow                              -Toni Braxton
Sacrifice                                  - Elton John
*LAURYN HILL------------All her works (I'm biased, I just love the lady. Some people say we look alike *blank stare*)
Mkomboti                                -Yvonne Chaka Chaka
Wombo Lombo                        -Angelique Kidjo
Board Members                        - Ebenezer Obey
Consolidation                            -Wasiu Ayinde
Afro Juju                                   -Sir Shina Peters
Fuji Garbage                             -Sikiru Ayinde Barrister (RIP)
Woman                                     -Sonny Okosun (RIP)

Ciao!

10 comments:

LadyNgo said...

You've got a good list of songs there. I don't even know that many people that know The Girl Is Mine by MJ and Paul McCartney, at least not people my age. And i definitely feel you about Lauryn Hill. Aside from the past couple of years, she can do no wrong in my book.

Mkomboti?!? lol its Umqombothi (i dated a guy from SA once upon a time)

Miss M said...

{still searching for the like button on here}
Preach sista, you said it!
Everytime i talk people go talk say na beef i dey beef dem (just as you listed) but you forgot a few; Wacka flocka something, lady gaga and a lot more are included the list.
P.S. You list is somewhat agreeable minus those yoruba music i can't follow their lyrics :(
xo

abi's muse said...

@LadyNgo, lol @mkomboti, I guess I spelt it the way it sounded to my hearing. Give me MJ's Girl is mine anyday, and I'm ready to fall in love again....

@Wise Sage, I will enable the buttons, thanks. Lol, no be beefing o, all these lady ga..(ogini?) & co are not talented in my books, plus u're missing out on the yoruba lyrics sha....Obey's Board Members anyday.

Thanks for dropping by Sistahs.

Sisi Yemmie said...

you took this post right out of my head.....i luv it. good music is dead

abi's muse said...

U can say that again Sisi Yemmie. Thanks for dropping by.

Mena UkodoisReady said...

LOVE 'AS' George Micheal and Mary J sang the heck out of the song!

You have some great oldies here, hmm that somebody was you is another smash hit!

I understand your bias with lauryn hill as I like everything by whitney houston, Mariah Carey and Celine Dion:)

Mena

http://efemenaoreoluwa.blogspot.com/2011/06/scandal-in-blogsville-treating-latest.html

abi's muse said...

Yeah, Mariah, Whitney & Celine Dion are another set of hotties in their days. Thanks for dropping by.

Ginger said...

First time here.
I still love music from the 80s and 90s best. Mariah before 2005, Whitney Houston, Boys to Men, George Micheal, Lauryn. Gaga, beyonce, Rihanna - Bah humburg!

abi's muse said...

Awww, glad to see u here Ginger, hope to see u more. I'm over to urs.

Myne said...

And I'm now following.

This is such a great post. People say I'm stuck in the nineties in my music but what do we really have now?

Love your ever green list, they're classics!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...